WITH EFFECT FROM 27 NOVEMBER 2020.
[ DEFINITIONS ]
- Service Provider – GETWISE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw,
Al. Ujazdowskie 22 lok 18 (00 - 478), entered into the National Court Register - Register of
Entrepreneurs by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, 14th Commercial Division of the
National Court Register, under KRS no.: 0000803910, NIP: 1231449568, REGON: 384372971, with share
capital of PLN 12500, providing Services.
- Services – a service provided by the Service Provider to the User by
electronic means free of charge, to the extent specified in detail in the Market, Monite and the
- Website – the website maintained by the Service Provider at www.monite.app.
- Monite - the Service Provider's application (software), within the framework of
which the Service Provider provides the User with Services consisting in the provision of
information about Products.
- Market – an online shop in the form of Google Play Store and App Store, from
which the User downloads the Application.
- User – a person using the Website or Monite.
- Consumer – a natural person entering into an agreement with the Service
Provider for the provision of services by electronic means, the subject matter of which is not
directly related to his or her business or professional activity, being a consumer within the
meaning of Directive 2011/83/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2011 on
- Products – withdrawn, dangerous or endangered products, the information about
which will be available on the Website or Monite in the form of notifications or search results made
by the User.
- Account – an electronic service provided by the Service Recipient via the
Website: marked with an individual name (login) and password given by the User, a set of resources
in the Service Provider's ICT system, in which the data provided by the User is collected.
[ GENERAL PROVISIONS ]
- Service Provider shall provide the Users with Services consisting in particular in providing the
User with information and access to the content of the Products, whereby the content shall be
understood as single text or graphic materials made available by the Service Provider within the
Website or Monite in such a way that each User can access them in a place and at a time chosen by
- contact details of the Service Provider,
- general information,
- technical requirements of Monite,
- procedure for setting up an Account on the Website,
- use of the Website,
- use of Monite,
- copyright issues,
- issues of complaint procedures,
- the Service Provider's responsibilities.
the Website and Monite.
User in any way.
- Monite is accessed via the Market, in which case access to Monite by the User is provided on the
terms appropriate to a given Market, and the provision of Services via Monite is provided on the
- The administrator of the User's personal data is the Service Provider. Detailed rules for processing
[ CONTACT DETAILS OF THE SERVICE PROVIDER]
- In order to get in touch with the Service Provider, the User may contact the Service Provider at the
e-mail address - [email protected].
- Contact with the Service Provider is possible based on contact details – Al. Ujazdowskie 22
lok. 18, 00 – 478 Warsaw.
- Monite is designed for mobile devices with the system:
- Android version 6.1.2 and higher,
- IOS version 12.3 and newer.
- Monite can only be downloaded through the relevant Markets, i.e:
- Google Play Store for Android,
- App Store for IOS.
- To use Monite, you should:
- have a mobile device,
- ensure permanent access to the Internet,
- have adequate space on the device on which it intends to install the Monite, as indicated in the
install it on your mobile device,
- run Monite.
- The costs of data transmission for downloading and using Monite shall be borne by Monite users
themselves, at the rates applicable to their operator or Internet provider.
provision of Services for an indefinite period of time is concluded between the User and the Service
[ TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE WEBSITE ]
In order for the User to use the Website, it is necessary to have a device supported by a web browser
[ ACCOUNT CREATION PROCEDURE ON THE WEBSITE ]
- Creating an Account is free and voluntary.
- To create an Account, you must fill out a registration form. The following information is required
- User's name,
- User's e-mail address.
- In order to properly set up an Account it is also necessary to create a password enabling access to
the Account. The password must contain the total:
- minimum 6 characters,
- at least one capital letter.
consent to the processing of his/her personal data to the extent necessary for the registration and
proper performance of services provided by electronic means.
- User has the possibility to delete the Account in the "My subscriptions" tab.
- Deleting the Account does not require giving a specific reason.
- Service provider reserves the right to delete the Client's account in the case of violation by the
- The creation of an Account is also possible by connecting it with the User's account in the service:
[ USE OF THE WEBSITE ]
- User has the opportunity to use the Service through the Website without registering an Account or
after setting up one.
- On the Website, the User has the opportunity to search for information about the Products through a
- in the "List of withdrawn products" tab within the Account, the User determines the Products from
which country among the available in the Service wants to receive notifications.
- User who has an Account, additionally has the possibility to create a list of notifications in the
area of matter of interest to him, which are sent by the Service Provider to the e-mail address of
the User, given during registration or when creating the list.
- User has the possibility to change the e-mail address referred to in § 6 point 4 of the Terms
of Use, in the "List of withdrawn products" tab.
- User may at any time resign from receiving notification by e-mail by changing settings within the
- Detailed information about Monite's functions can be found in Monite and on the Website.
[ USE OF MONITE ]
- In order to use Monite, you must download the application from the Market to your mobile device and
- The use of all Monite functionalities is voluntary and free of charge.
accepts their contents.
provision of Services for an indefinite period of time is concluded.
- By using Monite, you select the Products from among those available in the Service from which
country you wish to receive notifications.
- You have the opportunity to view information and notifications about Products from the country of
your choice by selecting one of the available Product categories or by searching for Products
according to criteria (tags) of your choice.
- User has the opportunity to search for information about the Product by scanning its barcode with
the use of a mobile device. After scanning the barcode of the Product placed on the packaging, the
User gains access to information and messages concerning the Product. In order to use the above
function, the User is required to grant Monite access to the device's camera. This consent may be
revoked at any time by changing the settings of the mobile device. The Service Provider does not
collect, store or in any way perpetuate scans performed by the Users.
- User has the possibility of tracking messages and information about the Products defined by key
phrases selected by the User and setting "pop-up" notifications on the mobile device. Monite's
consent to the sending of pop-up notifications may be revoked at any time by changing the settings
of the mobile device.
- You have the ability to share your message and information about the Products through the
applications indicated in Monite.
- User should use Monite with respect to the principles of social coexistence, in accordance with the
supplying illegal content and using Monite in a manner that interferes with the functioning of the
Service Provider's application, servers or network and from arbitrarily interfering with Monite or
the content made available in Monite.
- You may terminate your use of Monite at any time by removing the application from your mobile
device. Uninstalling Monite from your mobile device is the same as terminating the Service
[ SUBSCRIPTION ]
- User has the opportunity to support the Service Provider financially by making a voluntary donation
- Donation can be made through the "Support us" tab.
- Donations to the Service Provider are made through the payment service www.stripe.com on the terms
- User may make a donation in any amount in the form:
- one-time payment;
- by ordering a monthly recurring payment of a chosen amount to the Service Provider.
- User may also decide to cover the costs of data transmission related to the execution of the
- User has the possibility to cancel the donation in the form of cyclical payment at any time by
changing the settings of the Account in the "My subscriptions" tab.
- The discontinuation of the recurring payment in case of cancellation is effective immediately.
[ LIABILITY OF THE SERVICE PROVIDER ]
- The Service Provider stresses that it does not create or prepare any content available in Monite or
on the Website and the scope of the Services consists in the publication of communications published
by external media, competent authorities and state offices and third parties, in the face of which
it is not liable to the Users for any direct or indirect damage as well as for any loss of profits
or revenues resulting from it:
- access to Monite or the Website and the User's inability to use them,
- content published in Monite or on the Website, including both the content and the graphics and
- the absence of a communication in Monite or on the Website, previously published by the external
media and the competent State authority and offices.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Service Provider stresses that it is not responsible for the quality,
reliability or usefulness of the aforementioned content published in Monite or on the Website.
- The Service Provider shall not be liable for limitations or technical problems in the information
and communication systems used by Users' devices, which prevent or restrict in any way the use of
the Website or Monite and provided by the Service Provider.
[ PERSONAL DATA ]
- The Administrator of personal data provided by the User during the use of Monite and the Website is
the Service Provider. Detailed information concerning the processing of personal data by the Service
Provider - including other purposes and grounds for data processing, as well as the recipients of
principle of transparency, contained in the general Regulation of the European Parliament and of the
Council (EU) on data protection - "RODO".
- The purpose of processing the User's data provided by the Service Provider in connection with Monite
and the Website is to provide Services. The basis for the processing of personal data in this case
is an agreement for the provision of services or actions taken at the request of the User, aimed at
its conclusion (Article 6(1)(b) of the RODO).
- User's data provided in connection with the Application will be processed until the moment when:
- the Service Provider ceases to have a legal obligation, obliging him/her to process the User's data
- if the basis for the processing of personal data is a legal obligation incumbent on the Service
- the User or the Service Provider ceases to be able to pursue claims related to the contract for the
provision of Services;
- the User's objection to the processing of his personal data will be accepted - if the basis for the
processing of data was the legitimate interest of the Service Provider - depending on what is
applicable in the case and what will happen at the latest.
- The User is entitled to the right in the scope of his or her personal data:
- access to his personal data,
- their corrections,
- processing restrictions,
- request the transfer of data to another controller,
- to object to the processing of the data at any time for reasons connected with the specific
situation of the User.
- In the event that the User decides that his/her data is processed illegally, the User may lodge a
complaint with the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
[ AMENDMENT OF THE RULES OF PROCEDURE ]
- The Service Provider reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions in the case of
- it is necessary to adapt Monite or the Website to the legal provisions affecting the services
provided through them;
- changes in the scope of security of the Services provided
- changes in the functionality of Monite or the Website,
- changes in the maintenance costs of Monite or the Website,
- changes in the functioning of the Service Provider,
- changes in the assumptions of functioning of Monite or the Website.
- A notice of the planned change to the Terms of Rules shall be placed in Monite at least 14 days
prior to the implementation of the changes, as well as sent to the e-mail address provided during
Account registration on the Website and shall remain visible at least until the first activation of
Monite by the User after placing the notice.
- In the event that the User does not object to the planned changes after the announcement referred to
- In the event of opposition and non-acceptance of the planned changes, the User shall remove the
Account and Monite from all its devices. Removing the Account and uninstalling the Application from
the device shall be equivalent to the termination of the Service Agreement.
[ COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE ]
- The Service Provider is obliged to provide Services in a non-defective manner.
- In the case of objections to the Services provided, the User may file a complaint using the Service
- The consideration of the complaint by the Service Provider will take place within 14 days of receipt
of the complaint.
- If the complaint procedure does not bring the result expected by the Consumer, the Consumer may use,
among others, the Service Provider's data:
- mediation conducted by the locally competent Provincial Inspectorate of Commercial Inspection, to
which a request for mediation should be addressed. As a rule, the procedure is free of charge. The
list of Inspectorates can be found here: https://www.uokik.gov.pl/wazne_adresy.php#faq595.
- assistance of a locally competent, permanent, amicable consumer court operating at the Voivodeship
Inspectorate of Commercial Inspection, to which an application should be submitted for consideration
of a case before an amicable court. As a rule, the proceedings are free of charge. The list of
courts is available at the address: https://www.uokik.gov.pl/wazne_adresy.php#faq596.
- free assistance of the municipal or district consumer advocate.
- the online ODR platform available at the following address: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
[ FINAL PROVISIONS ]
- In the case of a possible dispute with the User, in the scope permitted by law, the competent court
will be the court having jurisdiction over the seat of the Service Provider.
- The Service Provider communicates with the Users in Polish or English, depending on the User's